It’s that time of year when you’re maybe thinking about stocking-stuffers to buy for yourself.. But maybe you can just send the link to this page to your nearest and dearest and hope they take the hint?
Here’s a roundup of things which are mostly from NZ (with a few Aussie shops thrown in), which concentrates on small businesses. What’s a great makers gift that I’ve forgotten to include? Let me know in the comments!
Hand cream in a tube is perfect for leaving next to your machine!
Wicking fabrics like tencel really dry out your hands, so it’s great to moisturise during your sewing breaks!
Inside Voices Labels (NZ)
Designed right here in Christchurch! There’s an Inside Voices label for everyone.
Any of the gorgeous fabric remnants from McLean & Co who weave fabric from NZ wool down in Oamaru (pictured above)
Seam ripper and awl, double-ended from Miss Maude (NZ)
Hand turned and crafted from reclaimed native timbers of Aotearoa!
Is it possible to feel sadness when you’re snipping threads with rainbow snips or scissors?
A few strange additions:
- Insect conservation pins (NZ). These very fine and quite flexible pins will be perfect when dealing with slippery fine fabrics.
- Once you go cutting mat, you never got back! Cutting mat, rotary cutter and quilting ruler packs (NZ)
- A buttonhole chisel from Fox’s Cottage (NZ)
- Wooden spool rack for threads (NZ)
- A made-in-NZ wooden tailor’s clapper (NZ)
- Bobbinator bobbin storage (NZ)